Tabs3 Software System Requirements
Following are the minimum requirements common for all software:
- All Systems
- Windows 10/8/7, Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008R2 (including Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Small Business Server 2011).
- Minimum processor speed and system memory requirements are the same as your operating system requirements.
- Recommended screen resolution of 1280 × 1024 or higher. Minimum screen resolution of 1024 × 768 using 100% text size (i.e., 96 dpi).
- 32-bit color is recommended.
- The entire suite of Tabs3 and PracticeMaster products requires less than 300 MB for program files. Additional disk space is required for data files.
- High speed wired network recommended. Wireless networks are not recommended due to performance and reliability issues.
- Internet access recommended.
- Additional technical information regarding the operating system environment can be found in Knowledge Base article R11815 Tabs3 & PracticeMaster Software Requirements.
- Information regarding integration with third-party applications such as Microsoft® Outlook®, Microsoft® Word, Worldox®, CalendarRules™, PenSoft® Payroll, QuickBooks®, and more can be found in Knowledge Base article R11820 Third Party Integration Requirements.
The following system software and hardware is required for the server computer on which the Platinum Server will be installed:
- Platinum Server software.
- Platinum versions of the software (i.e., 90000 series serial numbers or 95000 for Platinum SQL).
- A multi-core processor is recommended.
- 2GB RAM is the minimum recommended memory for the Platinum Server.
- Ensure that plenty of free disk space is available. Temporary files created on the server can be quite large. Minimum free space of four (4) times the data set size is recommended. Each HotBackup requires enough disk space for the entire data set.
- Windows Server: Microsoft Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Small Business Server 2011 (either 64-bit or 32-bit version), Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7. Recommended that all current Service Packs be installed. A 64-bit operating system is required for Platinum SQL Server.
Note: When running the Platinum Server on a non-server operating system (i.e., Windows 10/8/7), you are limited to the number of concurrent connections and may exceed the connection limit in that operating system.
- Platinum Exchange Connector: If using the Platinum Exchange Connector, refer to Knowledge Base Article R11596, “Configuring the PracticeMaster Platinum Exchange Connector”, for specific installation requirements.
- Workstation: Windows 10/8/7. Recommended that all current Service Packs be installed.
- Platinum editions require a Windows operating system to operate. Platinum software cannot be installed on a non-Windows device such as an NAS device.
- Additional technical information regarding Platinum requirements can be found in Knowledge Base article R11815 – Tabs3 & PracticeMaster Software Requirements.